Many of you know that Alexandria Brown was the inspiration behind the beauty brand. She is an extraoridinary woman & I gain so much insight listening to her. One of the reasons she resonates with me is because she stands in her authenticity. In a business world dominated by men she has catapulted to the top while maintaining her femininity. I’ve always had big dreams & wanted to be successful but I often thought I would have to sacrifice the “Real Ungenita”. Not anymore I wake up everyday being me. It’s exhausting trying to conform & be something you are not. On my dream board right now is Impressive Living. One might interpret that I want to impress but it’s so far from the truth. I actually want to impress upon my subconscious mind that my lifestyle needs to be impressive to ME!
Alexandria Brown noted “the lifestyle I have today only came to me because I found the courage to THINK BIG, even years ago”
by Ali Brown
How’d I do it? By deciding not to settle for being average and thinking BIG. Changing your mindset can be a challenge, but the rewards are well worth the cost. Here’s how you can get started…
1. Eliminate negativity. This includes negative self-talk, too. Why would the universe bring you a better life if you don’t appreciate what you already have? Show gratitude for everything in your life now. Those seemingly bad days happen for a reason, so whenever you find yourself thinking, “I can’t do this” or “that’s impossible,” reframe it as the opposite. “I can do that, that is possible…” You owe it to yourself to give yourself the love and support you need to succeed.
2. Document your dreams. Earlier this year, I wanted to manifest a new house, so I listed all of the qualities in my dream home: a 3-car garage, workout room, walk-in closets… (Don’t censor yourself! Anything is possible, even if it seems silly now.) I also bought some real estate magazines, cut out pictures of homes I love, and created a collage. I’m constantly updating my “dream board,” which is now proudly displayed in my new house!
3. Surround yourself ONLY with supportive people. I only shared my house dream with friends and family I knew would support my decision. (NOT those prone to phrases like “Are you crazy? Who do you think you are? Ms. Trump?”) Your true friends and family will be happy to share in your dream. If you don’t have anyone else to support you, then it’s time to make new friends – join a networking group or a mastermind.
4. Decide, believe, and watch for clues. It’s not enough to make a decision to work towards your dreams. You must also truly believe in them! Don’t worry about HOW your dreams will manifest themselves. Watch for clues, and the HOW will find you, perhaps in the form of a new business partner or a new client. But remember that the dream comes before the HOW.
5. ACT on opportunities when they appear. Action involves risk. You might have to hire more people to help with a new client. You’ll need time to research that prospective business partner. Or figure out how to hire that amazing new mentor. But it’s up to YOU to take action when the path is revealed. The universe is supporting you, and each step will bring you closer to your dreams.
© 2009 Alexandria Brown International Inc.
Online entrepreneur Ali Brown publishes the award-winning ‘Highlights on Marketing & Success’ weekly e-zine with 36,000+ subscribers. If you’re ready to jump-start your marketing, make more money, and have more fun in your small business, get your FREE tips now at www.AliBrown.com.